Join our mailing list
Sign up for updates from the Democratic Party of Illinois
We are proud to be Illinoisans and committed to creating a state that works for all of our citizens. We believe that all:
- Illinoisans want policies that foster a dynamic, vibrant economy that creates good jobs, generate the resources we need to invest in people and rebuild the state’s physical infrastructure, and ensure the right of workers to organize and collectively bargain for fair wages, good benefits and safe working conditions.
- People should have access to affordable, quality health care.
- Illinoisans deserve to live in safe communities, free from violence and fear.
- Children need great schools, from pre-K through 12th grade, to technical and trade school, and beyond; and those pursuing higher education degrees should not be ruined by student loan debt.
- Persons with disabilities, be they physical or mental, should be supported to the degree necessary for them to live meaningful, productive and dignified lives.
- Illinoisans, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation, are created equal and entitled to the full protection of our laws.
- Senior citizens should receive the support necessary to ensure that they are able to live independently, in their own homes, for as long as possible and that high quality institutional care is available when that is no longer possible.
- Veterans are owed a debt of gratitude. We must ensure that they have the support they need to transition to civilian life, overcome service-related disabilities and that they have safe, compassionate long-term care.
- Illinoisans have a right to clean air and water, which need not come at the expense of a healthy, dynamic and growing economy with plentiful job opportunities.
- Illinoisans support addressing severe inequities within our criminal justice system that have led to too many wasted lives, without making communities or the law enforcement officers who protect them, safer.
- Illinoisans are right to expect that their government will be responsible and efficient in its use of taxpayer dollars and that elected officials will serve with honesty, integrity and honor.