Gov. Pritzker and Illinois Democrats took a historic step to bring fairness to our state’s tax system by passing SJRCA 1, the Fair Tax Constitutional Amendment. The Amendment will finally reform our state’s income system so that millionaires and billionaires no longer pay the same tax rate as the middle class. If the Fair Tax is adopted, only Illinois’ wealthiest 3% of residents will pay more in taxes, and the state can address its budget deficit and grow for the benefit of all Illinois residents.
Democrats are taking real steps to improve the future of Illinois. Now, the decision is in the voters’ hands. In November 2020, Illinois voters will decide whether to enact the Fair Tax, but we are going to need your help to make sure that happens! We need you to spread the word about the many benefits of the Fair Tax. Get ready to vote YES on a Fair Tax Now!
Get the facts about the Fair Tax:
- 97 percent of Illinois residents will pay the same or less;
- 20 percent increase in property tax credits; and
- $100 per child tax credit.
The Fair Tax will:
- Save working families money while asking the wealthiest residents to contribute more.
- Address our state’s financial challenges by raising $3.4 billion in needed revenue while only raising taxes on individuals making $250,000 a year or more.
- Restore financial health to Illinois and repair the disastrous effects of the financial crisis created by Bruce Rauner’s budget impasse.
Let’s work together to pass the Fair Tax and help our state and all of its residents succeed!
Fair Tax Calculator
Governor Pritzker is making good on his promise to protect working families and make our system more fair. With a fair tax, 97% of taxpayers will see some tax relief. Use the calculator below to see how the Fair Tax would impact your family.