We are proud to be Illinoisans and committed to creating a state that works for all of us. We believe that all:
- Illinoisans, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation, are created equal and entitled to the full protection of our laws.
- Illinoisans want policies that foster a dynamic, vibrant economy that creates good jobs, generate the resources we need to invest in people and rebuild the state’s physical infrastructure, and ensure the right of workers to organize and collectively bargain for fair wages, good benefits and safe working conditions.
- People should have access to affordable, quality health care.
- Veterans are owed a debt of gratitude and fully entitled to any assistance they need transitioning to civilian life and overcoming service-related disabilities.
- Children need great schools, from pre-K through 12thgrade, to technical and trade school, and beyond; and those pursuing higher education degrees should not be ruined by student loan debt.
- Persons with disabilities, be they physical or mental, should be supported to the degree necessary for them to live meaningful, productive and dignified lives.
- Senior citizens should receive the support necessary to ensure that they are able to live independently, in their own homes, for as long as possible and that high quality institutional care is available when that is no longer possible.
- Illinoisans deserve to live in safe communities, free from violence and fear.